Well, we had a great time. Will, Steph, Jack, and Natalee came to visit last week. We went to the beach and had a wonderful time. Dennis and I got a dose...of the best kids ever. You would be happy to know that we learned lots of things from Jack and Natalee. Anything that is on the floor goes into Jack's mouth and Natalee can tell jokes. They are growing up so fast. During this vacation, Steph and Will celebrated 10 years of marriage. It is so nice to see them and we look forward to having many more vacations together. Brown Chicken Brown Cow!!!
I am attaching the cutest moment ever...Natalee telling a joke to Dennis
Texas Tennis
Dennis and I decided to take up tennis. We played tennis on Monday. We are still feeling the pain on Wednesday. We had a blast. The last time I played tennis was with Abby Rackley in junior high. While we were there I asked Dennis to go reserve us a court. I noticed about 30 minutes later that he was not back. I went to the courts to find Dennis chatting it up with a new friend, Donald. I asked when we were playing because I didn't buy all this equipment for nothing. He explained that the men on the court were not too friendly. So I decided to talk to these unfriendly people. Peering through the fence I politely asked to rotate into the game. I was ignored. Maybe they didn't speak Texan. So I opened the gate and walked on the court. I have nothing to loose..Dennis was 3x bigger than they were and I think that if needed I could take both of them. I did have three brothers growing up.
It went like this....Two guys in their late 30's tried to argue and the little woman from Texas won. All I wanted to do was rotate in...mean you play a game and I play a game. I think they thought I was crazy...maybe that is not how it is done. It has been along time since Jr. High. I explained about BF's and the movie White Chicks.
In the end, I made friends with them and they told me about this coach who takes the court all the time. They just wanted to play. I did joke with them about being from Texas and not backing down. I arranged a possible match with them and our new friend Donald next Monday. I will let you know how Dennis (AKA Happy Gilmore....hit two out of the court) and I (that really good blonde tennis girl) beat up on the locals.
Our Neighbors...the Trojans
We walked to the courts that night with our neighbor, Robin. Robin and Brent live next door with their 3 adorable kids. Twin girls named Abigale and Ashlyn. Cary is their 4 year old son. They are great....but unfortunately I have to report they are USC fans. I know I know...and it gets worse they worked in USC athletics. Now, they work at UNC and love football. Robin reminds us of Sandy...Dennis's cousin. Robin is from OK and she was a biology major. Well, Dennis really needs someone to watch football with so we will have to get over it. We are buying our longhorn flag right now.
The Car hunt is on...
We are buying a car this week. I think we have narrowed it down to a toyota corolla or honda civic. They get really good gas mileage. we will let ya know.
School starts next week....
I start school next week so I will do my best to update this. Say a little prayer on Monday....I feel like I am going to kindergarten for the first time.
Shel
3 comments:
Love it!! I am not finding the joke though. Can't wait to see it. Thanks so much for having us. We loved being there. :) Although, for some reason my sweet little Aggie is doing some kind of sign with her fingers....... don't know where that came from.
I found your blog!!!!
I miss talking to you guys so much!!!!!! How's the world of North Carolina?
we are doing great...hope Dennis will get to see you this weekend.
shel
Post a Comment